Monday, June 22, 2015

Kazakhs connection 1

Kazakhstan connection

Before this I just knew some general stuffs about Kazakhstan . You know, the stuffs that you usually stumble upon on the internet. Things like it is the 9th largest country in the world, it used to be under Soviet reign for a long time, the Baikonour space launchpad, the story of Aral sea, capital city Astana that is said to resemble Putrajaya, Fynn Jamal teaches in a school there, and the infamously misleading 'Borat'.
And my FB friend Zahariz Khuzaimah who travels around the world by his bike was there in the continent recently & he shared some beautiful photos of Kazak too. So yeah, I kinda silently wish to go there someday.

Fast forward. I got involved with STEM Kazakh-PPpN's Summer Camp 2015 programme as Biotech Instructor and guess what- all the participants were Kazakhs students flown all the way to Malaysia to spend  3 weeks here with yours truly. You see, I don't have the time & resources to really go anywhere right now (since my last backpacking to Japan in Feb, I am relentlessly itching for new experience) so it's like the Kazakhstan came here to me instead...His plan is the greatest. For me travelling is always about the human experience rather than just being places so this is exactly what I am psyched for. And this is how it all began. My kazakhs connection..

-To be continued

No comments:

Disclaimer

All content provided on this blog is for leisure & informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations to any party he may be a part of, or guarentee the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. Contents are generally individual reflections of thought & stories of the blog.
Thanks for stopping by! you are alright.