Thursday, April 12, 2018

upside


I watched a video from one internet celebrity (figure?) that goes by the name Prince Ea, he's what people call ‘content creators’ these days and for the uninitiated Prince Ea produced motivational and inspirational videos, along that line.



In the video he elaborated some deeper meaning behind a popular nursery rhyme in the Western world- the one that has something to do with rowing boats and sailing and dreams,.



With all due respect to his constructive ways and message which is undisputedly a good thing, tbh my initial reaction was..I got irked. Yes I got annoyed by Prince Ea's such proper presentation with threatrics and gimmicks at play..sometimes I find it more than necessary so it vex me more. It's the same way at first I find MatLufthi annoying when he went philosphically witty in dissecting everyday phenomenon. I don't know- it's that weird thing when you tend to critic people because they show a similar trait with you. Yeah, I somewhat identify with both of them because on too many occasions when I saw videos about their thoughts that made people go nuts I went “hey I thought about that too, what's the big deal?”. They become special and famous for that way of thinking while I'm not, so I might just be green. Props to them nevertheless.



I think there's a similarly more profound meaning as well in one nursery rhyme that's popular in my part of the world.

“Enjit-enjit semut, siapa sakit naik atas.” (bold part translation: When in pain, go up"

I swear I really find this phrase resonating to life on so many levels.
Whenever you feel not like yourself-y, taking some time out to the 'up-side' can replenish and restore wonders. If you catch my drift...

Going up simply means anything that gives you that sweet heightened experience, not necessarily about altitude change.Climbing mountains or sea diving or connecting spiritually or substance/chemical trips or any activities that liberates you from bad feelings.. who knows;knows. It’s more of a state of mind, not limited by mere place. It might as well be someone instead of somewhere, when you spend time with him/her u feel better. A plane where u find solace.



*not The UpsideDown

No comments:

Disclaimer

All content provided on this blog is for leisure & informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations to any party he may be a part of, or guarentee the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. Contents are generally individual reflections of thought & stories of the blog.
Thanks for stopping by! you are alright.