Thursday, May 22, 2014

walaooo


Jeremy Bentham, a famous utilitarian once said "There are two types of people in this world; the one who divide the world into two types, and those who didn't"

Well I do. deliberately and reasonably. Because to generalize is often more destructive

Recently I've encountered these two images/posts while I was browsing through my facebook timeline; each of them describes a different situation, but somehow I feel both of them shares the same premise. And it catches me. I cannot get the images out of my head.

Here are the two posts:




I hope you can read the words. But anyhow the images alone are so powerful, and the words just complement the feelings of the image. I can feel them..If you did not know it yet, the first image was Morticia and Gomez from the 80s famous series "Addam's Family". And the second picture was a NY man giving his accounts on 1 thing that represent his life.

What I can say is the story behind both pictures have a gloomy start. A dark cloudy day & a miserable birthday experience. And from there people can progress forward in two ways..like Morticia did, or the NYC man.

While it's always best to just turn to a new leaf and put the bad moments behind you, and think of a brighter start (like Morticia did), sometimes the harrowing experience can be more profound and causes heavy damage to oneself..like the NYC man have experienced..and the memory left a deep wound, and strongly influence how things in  his life unfolds. Traumatized. and crushes the self esteem.

The reason why this all  feels like the are connected to me is because I usually see myself  as Morticia. In fact I strive to be such-minded.
But recently I've received a hard blow with a considerable magnitude & impact like what the NYC man have experienced.
And it's life-changing you know. It was that bad.
I knew from the moment she dropped the bomb life just won't be the same again.

Ba-Dum-Tsss!


No comments:

Disclaimer

All content provided on this blog is for leisure & informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations to any party he may be a part of, or guarentee the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. Contents are generally individual reflections of thought & stories of the blog.
Thanks for stopping by! you are alright.